HD Casino Night
Every two years we are fortunate to partake in running the casino with volunteers for 2 full days. By volunteering, we are able to raise roughly $70k that is donated towards research and family services.
- Date: September 8 & 9, 2017
- Location: Calgary Casino
- Volunteer information can be found here
- Event Lead: Jacob Hendriks
Night to Flourish Gala
This is a dress to impress dinner event and fundraiser.
- Date: September 30, 2017
- Location: Secret location to be announced closer to the event date
- Cost: $125/ticket
- RSVP by emailing Tara Johnson-Ouellette
- Event Lead: Tara Johnson-Ouellette and Wendy Comtois
- Save the date – October 14, 2017
- More details to come.
- Event Lead: Tara Johnson-Outellette
North American HD Youth Camp 2017
HDYO, in partnership with HDSA and HSC, are excited to host the third North American HD Youth Camp. The goal of camp is to offer young people the chance to meet other young people impacted by HD, to learn about HD through educational workshops, to share experiences through sharing sessions and to have plenty of fun participating in the many on-site activities, such as swimming, ropes courses, paddle boarding, archery and much more. We aim for young people attending camp to benefit by feeling less isolated, more supported, as well coming away from camp with an improved understanding of HD and strong peer connections with other young people in similar situations. There will be an experienced HD team of professionals and volunteers on-site to support young people at all times.
Learn more here.
Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD), the youth chapter of the Huntington Society of Canada (HSC), is excited to announce this year’s YPAHD Days. Come out for a fun-filled day with other youth and participate in workshops involving social media, care strategies, research and other topics relevant to today’s young people (ages 14-29).
- Date: Saturday, November 18th, 2017
- Location: Kelowna, BC, Toronto, ON, Moncton, NB
- Registration opens on Thursday, May 25th. Click here for more information on registration packages.
- Funding: The Huntington Society of Canada is proud to have the opportunity to provide funding assistance for a select number of YPAHD delegates to attend this event. To apply for funding, please complete this YPAHD Day Funding Application and submit it by June 30th.